sábado, 2 de abril de 2011

Hello Miami!!

Sunday 2nd April 2011
22.20 (03.20 UK Time)
Homewood Hotel, Miami, Florida
Hello Miami!!! We arrived safe and sound although there were supposed to be four of us on our flight. We have no idea what’s happened to Gudrun. Maybe her flight from Germany to Heathrow was delayed?
The plane touched down at about 3.15 local time (-4 GMT). A shuttle bus picked us up and bought us to the hotel. This place makes Travelodge and Holiday Inn look more like Faulty Towers! There’s even a kitchen, dishwasher and “home shopping” service. Apparently I’m supposed to be sharing a room with 3 other girls but so far I’m on my own. I have no idea where they are going to sleep. I’ve claimed the double bed and selfishly not prepared to share it with anyone. I hope there has been some kind of a mistake and I get the room to myself. Yes, I’m that greedy!
Most of the other photographers from Image are here. Laura, Sasha and Becks, from my hire session in Shrewsbury, are here. The group from Manchester should be at the hotel soon. I feel sorry for them, it’s nearly 11pm, they’ve had to get three flights and tomorrow we have to be up at 7am, at the latest! Gaz, James and I were the luckiest ones; direct flight arriving at 3pm so we had plenty of time to look around and chill by the pool with a crate of beer.
Other than customs, Miami so far has been a real laugh. Let’s see what the rest of the week brings. Tomorrow is the first day of training so I’d better get off to bed and catch some zzzz’s. 

Hope everything at home is going well. Speak to you soon x

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario