martes, 12 de abril de 2011

Turbulence Ahead!

Atlantic Ocean
21.05 (Miami)/ 03.05 (Munich)
Well, I’m on the plane with Hernan flying from Miami to Munich. We’re about half way through our flight, with another 5 hours and 30 minutes to go! If you want things a little more advance, that’s 4,830km (2,995 miles) remaining, an altitude of 11,583m (38,000 feet) and travelling at a group speed of 963km/h (599mp/h)! We are currently flying passed St. John’s, Halifax and Washington D.C., over the Atlantic Ocean.
Our plane was delayed by an hour due to a problem refuelling the plane. As I said in my previous blog entry, we only have an hour and 30 minutes to get to our next flight. Looks like we might only have 30 minutes now. We are hoping there won’t be any more delays because if there is, we are going to miss all our connection flights!
Both of us were worried about our suitcases being too heavy. So far so good! My suitcase was 24.5kg while Hernan's was a tad heavier. We aren’t sure if we have to collect our suitcases and check in again for our final flight from Athens to Rhodes. The lady at the check in desk at Miami didn’t know if the baggage would be transferred for all the flights. So helpful! She’s told us to ask someone when we get to Greece. Anyone speak Greek?
Earlier on Hernan covered me in coke (no smuggling jokes). We were messing around throwing a plastic bag at each other (as you do!) when he knocked my glass of coke all over me. I’ve had to sit on my pillow and blanket. My pillow now has a massive stain on it! Not a good look if someone, not in the know, passes by and catches a glimpse.
About an hour ago we hit a rough patch of turbulence. Anyone who knows me, knows I’m not the best at flying, especially long hauls! I need to get used to this, if I'm planning on working for Image for the next few years!

Thankfully I wasn’t the only one who looked like they’d had an accident and needed a change of underwear!! I was absolutely terrified. At one point it sounded as if the engines had cut out and were trying to restart but failing. We’d hear a rumble of the engines, then it’d stop and the plan would dip, and the rumble would start again. The turbulence lasted for about 30-45 minutes.
I posted earlier that another group of people have left to join their cruise ships, well, it turns out there was a slight change of events! Pavlo 2.0 left the hotel with Gaz and Maksim at 9.00am. About two hours later he returned. We were all shocked to see Pavlo 2.0 and wondered what the hell had happened. I saw him getting out the taxi but honestly thought I was seeing things. How could Pavlo be back at the hotel if he’s on his ship in Florida port? Turns out, the three guys got to their ship and Palvo 2.0 was told there wasn’t enough space for him. He’s returning to the ship either Thursday or in five days. Maybe someone has to sign off before he can sign on?
Becks found out which cruise liner she’ll be working on and no, it’s not a Disney!! It’s Celebrity Constellation which will be cruising the Caribbean for 2 weeks before heading up towards Europe. She’ll be visiting everywhere from Estonia, Denmark, France, England (maybe not such a good thing!), Italy (unfortunately we won’t be at the ports at the same time) and there are a couple of countries but they’ve escaped me. Becks has got a great route! I know you’ll be reading this Becks as you’re a nosey bitch, who wants to see if she’s got a mention lol. So… good luck to you, Minge of the Seas!!!! See you in 6 months! We never did pop into Miami Ink…. hahaha
There’s not much else to say at the moment. I’ll update when more has happened and upload when I get an internet connection. Oh, girls, the airliner is showing the film Burlesque with Cher and Christina Aguilera… don’t watch it! The trailer looks excellent. Unfortunately the film and Christina Aguilera’s acting is far from it!
Time to get some shut eye!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario