sábado, 11 de junio de 2011

Quasimodo’s Sister

Quasimodo’s Sister
7th June 2011
Okay, so as predicted I woke up at 6.30 with a face that resembled Quasimodo’s sister. Not only that but I felt like someone had given me a good hiding!! Seeing Luci, I showed her my face, the only advice she gave me was a shrug and “lots of makeup”. Still feeling like death warmed up, I had to get onto the gangway and work, there wasn’t anyone who could fill my position so early in the morning and the schedule was already set.
On the gangway I felt so sluggish it was untrue. Luci was bugging me to put my arm around the guests to stop them to have their photo taken. It’s what I usually do without a problem but this time my body was aching. The bright sun was making my eyes sting and water, keeping them open started to become impossible. I’ll have Chinese eyes in some of the photos – and those are the photos I have my eyes open!!
Stu was dolled up in his Greek God costume and working the opposite end of the ship where the tours were exiting from. Both he and Fabio later came up to join us. We took it in turns to have breaks. I was downing water as if it was going out of fashion!
Paco our AMS was signing off today and Luci would be taking over. She was looking forward to it but seemed a little nervous about things. She was more pleased about never having to wear the Image “scarf” (evening wear) again.
The rest of the day was a blur of sleep, sleep walking and working! Whatever happened, I really don’t remember.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario