viernes, 13 de abril de 2012

Another Resignation


Another Resignation

1st April 2012

After weeks of talking about it, Kate confirmed today, what we’d been expecting. She’s handed in her notice and wants to leave Image as soon as possible. To be honest, Kate hates working here. It’s hard work and we’re earning very little. The new hires come on board excitedly telling us “in training they say, on average you’ll earn between $2-3,000 as a Photog 2.” Personally, I smell an extreme amount of bullshit!

Once again I’m feeling ill, my body just feels so run down and generally knackered. I feel a lot older than 25, let’s put it that way! Going to the medical about my sore throat and ulcers I was given a handful of medication. If you’ve ever worked on ships before, you’ll know what I mean. 

I was told to take two green capsules every four hours, so four a day. At night I was to take two red capsules. Looking on the back of the tablets (you’ll never get a box) it said do not exceed four a day… and I was being told to take six!? No wonder Carolee collapsed!

For the ulcers, apparently antibiotics won’t help but I’m not getting into that debate. I was given a little tube of gel. Opening it up, there wasn’t a foil over the lid. Strange. Squeezing the tube, I realized it was half empty. The medical had given me a cleaned up but used gel!! To me, it was a royal disgrace! Some people didn’t find it too surprising though.

Later on in the lab Diva taught me how to do copper strips to test the silver levels in the chemicals.

Last but not least… we hit our target last cruise by 5-7% bringing in about $68,000. When opening our wage slips, everyone was horrified. Kate was even more over the moon about handing in her notice! Now, I really was completely disheartened and wanted to join Kate in resigning. There’s really no point in working for next to nothing when you work so hard and try your best. 

Would you work 70-75 hours a week for $271? Doubt it!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario