jueves, 29 de marzo de 2012

Cookie Jar


Cookie Jar

20th March 2012

Clocks went back an hour last night, so I had a nice little lie in until 9am.

All the photographers were in the lab at 10am for fire fighting training. This is all in preparation for the US Coast Guards inspection in Port Canaveral. The early Coast Guard inspections are all thanks to none other than Costa/Carnival. Because of their recent mishaps with sinking and stranded ships, the US Coast Guards are stepping things up a gear, going to extra mile to make sure nothing else happens and that we regularly have guest and/or crew drills.

After the training, I was off until 15.00. A couple of things desperately needed to be sorted. The first was my bank account. Since being on vacation, I’ve had nothing but troubles with my bank account. To apply for a new debit card I have to “pop into my local branch” which becomes a mission when staying in Uruguay! Dartford, England is a bit too far to “pop over” to.

Later I had to telephone the bank about my credit cards being denied. That got sorted, after lengthy periods of waiting. That was finally sorted.

My bank’s website address has been blocked by the ship’s internet, so I passed my details onto my Dad. That way he could keep an eye on things for me. What happens? The silly sod, only enters my password in wrong and gets the account blocked. Nice one father! I thought the idea of getting him to keep an eye on things, would have been easier. Now I’m starting to wonder.

Calling the telephone number I was given, on Ocean Phone, I was told that for $20 I only had 10 minutes. What the hell!? After numerous attempts, I got through to someone and played a game of 20 questions. The only question I wasn’t asked was “what colour is your underwear?”

Finally, after what seemed like ages of keeping a beady eye on the time, hoping my money doesn’t run out, the account was unblocked and things back to normal… all at the grand cost of $22.

I swear, if my Dad buggers things up again, he’ll not only be footing the bill but have a rather annoyed little daughter who will cause murders :-D.

Thinking about it, banks only work when you’re nearby a branch. Maybe I should just go back to an old-school way of saving my money, by hiding it all in a cookie jar on top of the fridge or in the cupboard?

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario