jueves, 15 de marzo de 2012

Catch Up


Catch Up

7th March 2012

In the morning the ship was rocking from side to side and none of us were sure whether we’d be arriving in Grand Cayman. There were whispers that we’d be having an extra sea day and missing Grand Cayman altogether.

I was up early at 08.30 for lab set up at 09.00 only to find out that it’d been changed for 10.00. Just my luck! I was the only person not to be informed.

I saw Maryna in the Mess having breakfast and joined her. She still didn’t have a voice and was once again off for medical reasons. This was now the 3rd or 4th day. One thing was for sure, it couldn’t continue, especially as she was in her first three months with Image. How the quietest person managed to lose her voice, is still a mystery to us. It’s Pirate Night tonight so no doubt we'll feel the strain of being one person down.

 To make matters more difficult we also have another new hire, Cintia from Macau. It’d be her second session shooting Ressi and her cropping was awful during her first attempt. I’d previously taken her to shoot Palo, shot the first table before taking to to the side to give an example of how to crop. She did fine but when it came to Ressi, it all fell apart.

After setting up the lab and cleaning the printers, I rushed back to the cabin, skipping lunch and jumped into bed for an hour. We didn’t have time to get off the ship, simply because it’s a tendering port.

Joining me for a quick smoke before bed, Kate was all excited “I just looked out the porthole in the Mess only to see the Mariner of the Seas”. I knew they’d be in the port with us, but unfortunately there was no chance of meeting anyone because of the tendering. I don’t have internet access on the ship anymore and unable to contact the other crew members, because I have no money to pay for it. Things aren’t looking too great, are they?

Sleeping for an hour and a half, I woke up refreshed. Showering and getting ready for work, I sat typing up my blog entries. I’ve been getting so behind due to the lack of time we’ve been getting off. Spreading my time between gym, sleeping and blogging has been tough!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario