viernes, 21 de octubre de 2011

From Bad to Worse!

From Bad to Worse
26th September 2011
We’re on the second and last Israel port, Haifa. This is usually the port I’d gone on tour in. Today, however, I'm port manning so I wouldn’t be going anywhere. I was, however, scheduled to shoot the camel inside the ship for an hour and a half. Hernan would then replace me and shoot Leandro the Camel outside on the gangway. It was madness!
Walking around the ship we tried our best to get the guests in, the majority said no. Mass rejection. It gets you down and after so many shoves, it’s hard to pick yourself back up again and carry on with a smile. This cruise is getting us all down. Our image counts were low and sales slow. During the 1.5 hours that I was shooting Leandro, we managed to get only 85 images. In that time we’d normally clock up a couple of hundred!
Going back into my cabin, I made another start on the time cards. This was taking forever. Originally, it was for David to do but he hadn’t bothered, therefore it’d been passed onto me. The time cards were taking up all my free time which is irritating, to say the least. Everyone else who wasn’t on tour was either catching up on sleep, doing laundry and getting off the ship. I was stuck in the cabin entering shift times.
During the evening, I spent the entire night on casual LSP. After a 10-12 hour tour, the last thing you want to do is get your picture taken. The guests were funnelling down to the dining rooms, having their dinner and disappearing into their cabins. The crew were working on a ghost ship - again!

Camel trying to literally walk into an elevator

Randy Camel!

Waiting for a Lift...

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario